Monday, November 20, 2006

The White Dress

I was lost when I walked into the room,
Something told me that I needed to explore.
I thought one day I’ll turn back and cry
for a phantom past lying behind that door.

The quest in disguise of haunting dreams,
Anxious and obsessed with what’s not to be.
A white dress with a speck of red
cries out and fades away not meant to be free.

Speak out loud my friend inside of me
“Think of me” he said, “Look into the mirror”
“Do you even know that you are lost?”
And the walls slowly start to secure.

I see the dress lying in one corner of the room
No wrinkles, no sign of being worn.
I see the dress again, but on the floor,
Soiled and stained on every turn.

What I see now is what’s not true,
But yet I think I know what I thought.
Lost in the middle of sudden enchantments,
Forgetting the far away land of my heart.

Here I am sitting outside in the coffee shop,
When my friend again starts to whisper,
“But why do you sound so different?” I asked
After all these years I can’t seem to remember.

Listening to your inner self, do you really know?
Maybe it’s what you want to hear, maybe all allure.
He can be as jaded and as confused.
The dress is only a dress and nothing more.

No comments: